Proposed discontinuance and sale of road reserve - Hay Avenue Cobram
Feedback has now closed
Council is seeking feedback on a proposal to discontinue a road reserve alongside Hay Avenue, Cobram and sell a portion of land to the adjoining land owner (area shown on the below maps).
The process for council to discontinue a road is defined in section 12 of the Road Management Act 2004 and Schedule 10 Clause 3 of the Local Government Act 1989. Subsequent to the discontinuance, the land may be sold in accordance with Section 189 of the Local Government Act 1989.
The proposal involves:
Have Your Say
We are seeking your feedback on this proposal in accordance with Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989.
- You can provide your feedback to Council by lodging a submission online below, or by mail or at our service centres in Cobram and Yarrawonga. Click here(PDF, 87KB) to download our submission form.
- Your submission must be received by 5pm Thursday 4 April 2019 and be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer.
- When you lodge your submission please indicate if you, or your representative, would like to speak to your submission.
- If required, a Committee of Council will be held at 6pm Wednesday 10 April 2019 at the Councillor Briefing Room, 44 Station Street, Cobram to hear any person who indicated they wished to be heard in support of their written submission.
- All submissions, including submitter’s name and address, will be available at the meeting and on public display for 12 months.
- All submissions received by the deadline will be considered by Council prior to deciding whether to proceed with the proposal, with or without amendment, at the May Ordinary Council Meeting.