Land Information Certificate
If you are selling a property, you will need to obtain a Land Information Certificate.
A land information certificate has information about a property that include
- Information regarding the value of the property
- The full rate amount for the current financial year
- Any outstanding rates amounts as of the date of the certificate
- Any interest due as of the date of the certificate
Moira Shire Council must issue Land Information Certificates on application. A separate certificate regarding building regulations can also be applied for.
How to apply
Our eServices portal allows for customers to apply for certificates and pay securely online. Following payment, certificates will be sent within 3 working days. Urgent certificates can be processed within 24 hours online.
- Easy to use, step by step web service
- Online certificates remove the delays associated with application received and sent via mail
- With 24/7 access to web services, you have the ability to process multiple certificates for multiple properties in one transaction
- Flexibility to choose the delivery method that is most convenient for the customer
- Payment is made at the time of the certificate request
Online certificate requests are a pay for service function. The customer will be required to pay for the request at the time of their certificate request lodgement.
We encourage all applicants to apply for this information electronically, as responses to applicants via regular mail may take up to 3 weeks to be returned.
All requests lodged online will be processed within Council’s regular business hours, Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
Need help submitting your LIC request? Please view our Online request certificate user guide.pdf(PDF, 426KB)