Community planning helps to equip local communities with the skills and support to develop a shared vision for the future of their communities that is realistic, sustainable, and can be implemented over a period of time. In doing so, local communities achieve:
- A stronger, more cohesive community
- A proactive, rather than reactive, community
- Enhanced partnerships
- Greater opportunities to attract funding and resources
- Better decision making and investment
- A clear vision and plan of action for the future
How can you be involved?
As a member of your community, your strengths and skills are the most valuable assets in the development and implementation of your Community Plan.
To get involved, contact your local Community Plan Steering Committee or call council.