Street stalls or raffles

Public fundraising is now subject to the Fundraising Act 1998. Copies of this Act are available from Consumer Affairs Victoria.

Under council's local laws, , it is also a requirement for any person or organisation wishing to hold a street stall or raffle stall in a public place to obtain a permit.
Penalties apply to breaches of the Fundraising Act 1998 or for non-compliance with Council's Local Laws.

To apply for a permit, please download a Trading of goods and services application. Please contact us for more information.

You are reminded that as of 1 August 2017, smoking will be banned in all outdoor areas at food fairs and within 10 metres of a food stall or food vendor at an organised outdoor event.

For further information please speak with our Environmental Health team.