- Each ratepayer and resident is requested to make it their responsibility to protect both their property and that of others by ensuring that their properties are cleared prior to the summer season (1 November) each year, more information can be found at CFA.
- The CFA has a wealth of resource to help you understand your fire risk and know what to do before and during a fire.
- Visit the CFA website to understand the importance of leaving early and to assist you with your bushfire survival plan if you live or holiday in high-risk bushfire area of Victoria. Also visit CFA - Plan Prepare and Leave Early for further information.
- You don’t need to live near the bush to be at risk of fire, grassfire can be just as dangerous as bushfire.
Fire Danger Period & Total Fire Ban
The CFA Chief Officer has endorsed the introduction of the declared Fire Danger Period for all municipalities within the CFA District 22 area, including Moira Shire.
Fire restrictions will commence at 0100 hours on Monday 22 October 2018.
The lighting of fires in the open air is prohibited from this date to 13 May 2019.
- Find out what you can and can’t do during the declared Fire Danger Period, and on days of Total Fire Ban, when fires in open air are legally restricted visit CFA - Warnings & Restrictions.
- During the declared fire danger period, a Permit to Burn in the rural area for farming purposes, must be obtained before any fire may be lit in the open. No fire may be lit on a day of Total Fire Ban.
Click here to view the Moira Municipal Fire Plan