Permits to burn

Permits to burn are required during the proclaimed fire danger period which is declared by the Country Fire Authority (CFA).

The fire danger period generally commences in December and remains in force until May, unless extended or curtailed in the meantime.

For current restrictions please visit our Fire Restrictions page.

Permits to burn during the fire danger period may be issued to individuals.  Permits can only be issued to burn grass, stubble or undergrowth for agricultural purposes.  Permits are not valid during a day of total fire ban.

All enquiries on obtaining a Permit to Burn should be directed to the CFA District Office located in Shepparton (District 22) who can be contacted on (03) 5833 2400.

Further information can be obtained by downloading the Fire Restrictions Fact Sheet.