To report corrupt or improper conduct

What can I report?

A Public Interest Disclosure (previously known as 'whistleblower) is a complaint of corrupt or improper conduct by a public officer or body.

A councillor or council officer allegedly taking or offering bribes, dishonestly using their influence, committing fraud, theft or embezzlements, misusing information or material acquired at work, conspiring or attempting to engage in the above corrupt activity.

Can I remain anonymous?


Moira Shire Council will take all reasonable steps to protect people who make disclosures without the fear of reprisal and will also afford natural justice to the person who is the subject of the disclosure.

How do I make a report?

Reports can be made to council or directly to IBAC

     In writing:
     “Public Interest Disclosure”
     Amanda Chadwick - Public Interest Disclosure Coordinator
     Moira Shire Council
     Po Box 578
     Cobram Vic 3643

     By email:
     In person: 44 Station Street, Cobram
     By telephone: (03) 5871 9222

Alternatively, disclosures may be made directly to IBAC.

Disclosures relating to Councillors should be directed to IBAC

     In writing: 
     Independent Broad-Based Anti-Corruption Commission (IBAC)
     GPO Box 24234
     Melbourne Victoria 3001

     Telephone: 1300 735 135

     Website: IBAC

Related documents:
Public Interest Disclosure Policy and Procedure
Complaint Handling Policy
Councillor Code of Conduct
Public Interest Disclosure Act 2012
Independent Broad-based Anti-corruption Commission Act 2011