Moira Shire Council’s financial performance is detailed in the audited financial statements, included in the Annual Report. In summary, Council reported an operating surplus of $15.44 million, greater than the forecasted result in the adopted budget largely due to the early receipt of 100% of the 2023/24 Federal Financial Assistance Grant, capital asset contributions from developers for new residential estates bring greater than budget and operating expenses being maintained within 1% of budget.
The Report of Operations details progress on major initiatives and provides the results of strategic indicators and various service indicators. The audited performance statement provides the results of sustainable capacity indicators, specific service performance indicators and financial performance indicators. The financial performance indicators show Council to be in a satisfactory underlying financial position as at 30 June 2023.
Some of the key highlights for the 2022/23 year include:
- Development and adoption of our Environmental Sustainability Strategy 2022-2026 which will support and encourage an environmentally sustainable community and organisation.
- Development of a Competency Framework which establishes common standards of behaviour to guide the way we work.
- Delivery of a number of key projects including:
- New netball courts at the Nathalia Recreation Reserve
- Shared path along the Murray Valley Highway from Silverwoods Boulevard to Botts Road, Yarrawonga
- Reconstruction and upgrade of drainage and kerb & channel in Veldt and McDonnell Streets, Nathalia
- EV Charging Station at Federation Park, Cobram
- Airconditioning installation at the Cobram Sports Stadium
- Public Toilet renewal at George Graham Park, Wungnhu