Domestic Animal Business
The following types of businesses must be registered with the Moira Shire Council and hold a current Domestic Animal Business permit:
- Pet shops (operated in a permanent location that must be open at least 5 days per week).
- Boarding premises for cats and dogs (where the business is run for profit to provide overnight, daycare or homecare boarding)
- Dog training establishments (where the business is run for profit)
- Animal shelters (eg. welfare organisations such as the RSPCA and The Lost Dogs' Home)
- Breeding and rearing premises for cats and dogs.
All Domestic Animal Businesses must be registered annually and comply with the appropriate mandatory Code of Practice. Information regarding Domestic Animal Businesses and their relevant Code of Practices can be found here.
The annual fee for this type of registration is set at $163.00, includes Government Levy of $20 (subject to change 1 July).
To apply for a permit, please download and complete a Domestic Animal Business Registration Form(PDF, 169KB).