Manto Produce - Moira Shire's 2017 Business Champion
Published on 30 May 2017
Cobram’s Manto Produce is Moira Shire’s Business Champion for 2017.
Moira Shire Mayor Cr Gary Cleveland presented the award to Manto Produce at Friday night’s Moira Shire Business Excellence awards held at Yarrawonga.
Mayor Cleveland said the nine category winners and overall Business Champion were selected from more than 35 shortlisted businesses and individuals.
“The awards showcased the variety and quality of leadership, innovation and service our local businesses and their staff deliver every day, right across the Shire.”
2017 Moira Shire Business Excellence Award category winners were
- Young Business Person of the Year: Nic Avery, Cobram
- Excellence in Professional Services: Denis Medical Group, Yarrawonga
- Excellence in Industry: Cobram Electrical and Data, Cobram
- Excellence in Good Access is Good Business: Yarrawonga Neighbourhood House, Yarrawonga
- Excellence in Tourism/Hospitality: Aquazone, Yarrawonga
- Excellence in Local Produce: Manto Produce, Cobram
- Excellence in New & Emerging Business: Jones Lawyers & Associates, Cobram
- Excellence in Retail/Customer Service: D. S. Kendall Waste Services, Numurkah
- Excellence in E-business: Seamless Online, Yarrawonga
“Congratulations to each of you – you represent the best of Moira Shire and should be very proud of your achievements. You have set the bar very high for next time, that’s for sure,” Mayor Cleveland said.
In congratulating Manto Produce on their award, Mayor Cleveland said the business had demonstrated excellence in overall business practices, including staff development, community engagement, business planning, sustainable business practices, quality customer service, innovative problem solving and local economic impact.
“Manto Produce have grown fresh stone and pome fruit in the local area for the past 25 years.
“In 2013 John Mantovani saw an opportunity to diversify and grow the business. Now their successful wholesale business supplies fresh, seasonal, locally grown fruit and vegetables to a variety of restaurants, pubs, cafes, child care centres and sporting clubs throughout the region,” he said.
“The public are also able to buy fruit and vegetables direct from Manto’s Farm Gate Shop in Campbell Road and have been part of the region’s Farm Gate Trail since 2015.
“Manto Produce pride themselves on providing top quality service and are committed to helping grow, build and support other local producers, businesses and organisations within the local community.”