We asked Councillor Wayne Limbrick the following:
1. What is your connection to Moira?
I was born in and have lived in Moira Shire most of my life.
2. What do you think is the greatest strength of the Moira community?
Smaller communities have a much stronger bond and sense of community. Being made up of five main and numerous small towns glues Moira, a much more cohesive and manageable structure than a major town. We are blessed with amazing climate and natural attractions.
3. What made you decide to run for Council?
I have been involved in my community from a young age and contributed to many major achievements. Being part of the strategic planning for continued success of Moira Shire prompted me to nominate for Council.
4. What do you hope to achieve in your term as a Moira Shire Councillor?
I hope that I can contribute to the long term planning of Moira Shire. In particular I want to see an increase in research into infrastructure projects, economic stimulus through tourism, water security and value for money projects.
5. What is your favourite thing to do in Moira?
I enjoy the outdoors with golf being my passion but love the bush and natural beauty all around me.