We asked Councillor Ed Cox the following:
1. What is your connection to Moira?
My family has been in the Cobram district and involved with the community for over 100 years. I have been fortunate enough to be able to raise my own family here on our grain and beef property.
2. What do you think is the greatest strength of the Moira Community?
Moira’s greatest strength is its people. Our residents both new and old that build their lives here in our horticulture and primary producer sectors. Our farmers are our grassroots that work hard on the land to build our community, without these people our towns wouldn’t survive.
3. What made you decide to run for Council?
I am fortunate enough to have past family involvement and have always had an interest in council and the local issues. I felt l could represent our community on a broad range of issues.
4. What do you hope to achieve in your term as a Moira Shire Councillor?
I want the shire to be a regional leader. A place where we work together to be a vibrant and prosperous rural community.
5. What is your favourite thing to do in Moira?
When I'm not busy on the farm l love getting out and visiting our local wineries and eateries along the Farm Gate Trail. I also enjoy relaxing with friends, attending shows and watching the local footy.