We asked Councillor Julie Brooks the following:
1. What is your connection to Moira?
I was born in the shire. I currently work and live in the shire. It is my community.
2. What do you think is the greatest strength of the Moira community?
It's people. They are kind, robust characters who are down to earth and have a great sense of humour.
3. What made you decide to run for Council?
To contribute to my community and help make it a better place; to promote diversity and inclusion.
4. What do you hope to achieve in your term as Moira Shire Councillor?
I hope to be an active representative of the community I serve; to be a voice for those often not heard; to make sound, informed, unbiased decisions and to leave behind a healthier, social fabric.
5. What is your favourite thing to do in Moira?
To enjoy all the natural resources the Moira Shire has to offer; its bushland, the rivers, the lake, the clean air - our natural environment.