2020/21 Budget and SRP
The submission period for the draft budget has now closed.
Each year council is required to prepare an annual budget for the coming year and to update the four-year financial outlook in the Strategic Resource Plan.
We are now seeking your feedback on the draft 2020/21 Annual Budget and 2020-2024 Strategic Resource Plan.
What's in the budget?
The rates, fees and charges for the coming year including:
- The rate in the dollar that is used to calculate rates for individual properties;
- A comprehensive list of identified capital works projects and programs for the shire to maintain and renew roads, bridges and footpaths, sporting facilities and playgrounds, irrigation and drainage.
- A detailed explanation of the funding we have allocated to enable the delivery of more than 100 council services including rubbish collection, immunisations, sports and recreation facilities, town planning and tourism development.
How much will my rates increase?
Your rates are calculated by multiplying the rate in the dollar (set by Council and detailed in the budget) by the value of your property (determined by the Victorian Government’s valuation process). Our budget will comply with the Victorian Government’s rate cap of 2%.
What projects will council deliver?
Please see the budget document for a detailed listing of all the projects and programs we propose to deliver in 2020/21.
What's in the Strategic Resource Plan
The Strategic Resource Plan proposes nearly $90 million of works over the four-year period to 2024 and identifies priority investment areas including almost $20 million of new and upgraded infrastructure and investment in drainage and flood mitigation works.
The feedback period on our Draft Budget and Strategic Resource Plan closes 5pm Wednesday 27 May 2020.
How to have your say
How to make a submission
Your submission must be in writing and received by Council by 5pm Wednesday 27 May 2020.
What happens to your submission
- When you lodge your submission please indicate if you would like to speak to your submission at the Committee of Council meeting that will commence at 5pm on Wednesday 3 June 2020. Submitters will be strongly encouraged to appear by electronic means to ensure COVID-19 stay-at-home compliance.
- Written feedback received by 5pm Wednesday 27 May 2020 will be considered by council before adopting the draft 2020/21 Budget and Strategic Resource Plan.
- Council is required to provide a written response to your submission – once the Budget and SRP have been adopted.
- All submissions, including the submitters name and address, will be available at the meetings and on public display for the 12 months following.
View the submissions received