Draft - Economic Development Strategy 2019-2023
Council has presented a Draft Economic Development Strategy to ensure we retain a thriving, resilient economy into the future.
To capitalise on our strengths, advantages and opportunities the Strategy has identified the following five key priority areas:
- Priority 1: Enhancing infrastructure and land use - access to infrastructure and appropriately developed land are fundamental for economic activity to prosper in our shire.
- Priority 2: Providing information, learning and networking - when creating networking opportunities we believe there will be further business relationships built to enhance businesses to grow.
- Priority 3: Encouraging growth, innovation and diversification - promoting new business models, identifying market destinations, changing land and irrigation practices will ensure economical growth.
- Priority 4: Fostering the visitor economy - the opportunity to raise awareness of our region as a tourism destination.
- Priority 5: Making great places for people - building on the memorable and distinctive landmarks in the community.
Click here to have your say
"Personal and or Health Information collected by Council will be used for the administration of your submission and/or directly related purposes. Council may disclose this information to other organisations if required by legislation. Requests for access and or correction to your personal information should be made to Council’s Privacy Officer". To view Council’s full privacy statement visit www.moira.vic.gov.au.