Nominations open for Business Excellence Awards
Publish Date: 06/12/2016
Do you know of a local business deserving of recognition? Have you enjoyed great local produce or had a customer service experience so great you want to share it?
Moira Shire Mayor Gary Cleveland said now was the time to nominate local businesses and individual staff for the 2017 Moira Shire Business Excellence Awards.
“These awards celebrate the high quality and outstanding businesses within Moira Shire,” he said.
Since their inception in 2011, 36 businesses and individual staff have been recognised.
“The awards are a great reminder of the innovative and exciting businesses in Moira and the fantastic staff and business operators that make them successful,” said Mayor Cleveland.
Nominations are now open and close on Friday 27 January 2017.
The Business Excellence Awards recognise and reward businesses and employees that strive for success through professional business practices across nine categories
- Young Business Person of the Year (25 and under), sponsored by The Apprenticeship Factory;
- Excellence in Industry, sponsored by GOTafe
- Excellence in Tourism/Hospitality, sponsored by RACV Cobram Resort
- Excellence in New and Emerging Business, sponsored by GrainCorp OilSeeds
- Excellence in e-business, sponsored by Yarrawonga Chronicle
- Excellence in Local Produce, sponsored by Cobram and District Fruit Growers Association Inc
- Good Access is Good Business, sponsored by DHHS Rural Access Program
- Excellence in Professional Services, sponsored by Sun Country on the Murray
- Excellence in Retail/Customer Service, sponsored by Cobram Courier.
The awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Yarrawonga Town Hall on Friday 26 May 2017 featuring The Gruen Transfer’s Dan Gregory.
You can nominate at www.moira.vic.gov.au/bizawards, email email@example.com. For more information about nominations call Alex Toohey on call (03) 5871 9480.