Flood Community Update for Picola and Barmah
Publish Date: 07/10/2016
Effective Date: 07/10/16 10:40 AM
Expiry Date: 08/10/16 12:00 PM
Major to Moderate flooding is occurring along the Murray River from Albury to Barham.
The situation is being closely monitored and revised predictions will be issued if and when necessary.
Saturday 8th October at 12:00 Noon
Moran Street, Picola
Residents in the above areas are urged to attend and receive the latest information and advice from the emergency services.
- Be aware of road hazards such as mud, debris and damaged roads or bridges
- Do not travel through affected areas unless it is necessary
- Drive slowly, obey all roadblocks and never drive through floodwater
- For the latest list of road closures check www.vicroads.vic.gov.au or call 13 11 70
- Check your home or building for damage before you re-enter
- If your home has been flooded, all electrical and gas appliances should be checked by a licensed technician before you use them
- Dry out and clean buildings straight away
- When cleaning up, wear strong boots, gloves and protective clothing and wash your hands and clothes regularly
- Floodwater is dangerous - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater
- Floodwater is toxic - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater
Health and Wellbeing Information
Counselling and support is available from the following organisations:
- For flood or storm emergency assistance from SES call 132 500
- For life-threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
Victoria State Emergency Service