Domestic Garbage Service
Each property that has access to the garbage collection service within Moira Shire Council will be provided with a 120lt bin.
The bin remains the property of the Council however responsibility for duty of care rests with the property owner. Any loss/damage must be reported to the council or waste contractor without delay.
What Can’t I Place in Garbage Bin?
You can put most things in the bin except for the following:
- Slops, liquid waste or offensive material;
- Dirt, dust or other matter from any vacuum cleaner, ashes, hair or other similar matter or moist refuse, unless it has been securely wrapped in paper or similar impermeable cover or container to prevent its escape;
- Ashes or other like matter unless they have been mixed with water to form a consistency of a stiff paste before being wrapped and placed in the bin;
- Glass or other sharp objects unless they are properly contained or wrapped in such a way as to render them harmless and inoffensive;
- Oil, paint, solvents or similar substances or any other substance which may damage the bin or reduce its strength or effectiveness;
- Disposable napkins unless they have been cleaned of solids and securely wrapped in impervious material prior to being placed in the bin;
- Trade waste of any kind;
- Green Waste (e.g. tree and lawn cuttings);
You should at all times endeavor to ensure that the bin is not overfilled, jammed with waste or offensive.
Garbage Collection Timetable
Yarrawonga (excluding Woodlands & Silverwoods Estates)
Yarrawonga (Woodlands & Silverwoods Estates)
|Click here to view the Recycling Collection Timetable
Waste Contractor Details
DSKendall Waste Services
PO Box 219
Numurkah Vic 3636
Tel: (03) 5862 1053
Fax: (03) 5862 3581
Waste Helpline Free Call: 1800 041 041