Dogs on/off Leash
Under the provisions of section 26 of the Domestic Animals Act 1994:
1. That the presence of dogs shall be prohibited in the following areas:
• School grounds throughout the municipality;
• Municipal swimming pools and surrounds;
• Yarrawonga foreshore between Hunt Street/Bank Street and the waters edge;
• Thompson’s Beach, Cobram (area under the care and management of Council).
2. That dogs are permitted to be present in all other municipal places and public places only while fully constrained on a leash.
3. Clause 2 does not apply to Showgrounds of the towns of Cobram, Nathalia, Numurkah and Yarrawonga, the football ground at Tungamah and other towns where dogs may be exercised off a leash in the presence of the owner during daylight hours only. This clause does not apply when an organised sporting event or similar activity is in progress, thereby allowing the presence of a dog on a leash only.